2017 NATCA SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
Congratulations to our 2017 NATCA Scholarship Program winners! Our President's Award winners ($2,000 from NATCA and, thanks to SkyOne Federal Credit Union, an extra $500 each) are Kaylie Killian (Christopher Killian, ZHU), Sophia Leonard (Donald Leonard, ZOB, retired), and Samantha Melton (Larry Melton, STL). Below is the list of $1,000 scholarship winners:
Winner's Name (Member Relative and Facility)
Madison Aitken (Robert Aitken, ENE)
Tara Bahr (Joel Bahr, MKE)
Gregory Baker (Angela and Gregory Baker, ZTL)
Brittany Brooks (Paul Brooks, JRF)
Olivia Cain (James Cain, MRY, retired)
Madeline Clark (Patrick Clark, ZOA)
Samantha Hasmi-Delgado (Martha Delgado, ZMA)
Sarah Faust (Patricia Brace (Faust), ESW)
Lydia Fregosi (Kevin Fregosi, ROC)
Kathleen Glancey (Daniel Glancey, ZDC)
Taylor Grider (Jason Grider, ZFW)
Philip Hughes IV (Philip Hughes III, A90)
John "Jack" Richards (Jeffrey Richards, ZAU)
Cooper Skoric (Michael Skoric, ZDV)
Kirby Skoric (Michael Skoric, ZDV)
Sierra Dawn Smith-Sandland (Jennie Sandland, ZAN)
Ethan Reese Spencer (Brian and Denise Spencer, ZSE)
Kevin Stafford (Donald Stafford, ROA)
Roberto Torres (Roberto Torres, ZSU)
Sydney Velasquez (Fred Velasquez, IAH)
2017 PRESIDENT'S WINNERS' ESSAYS
THE 2017-2018 PROGRAM
- Spouses, children, stepchildren, and legally adopted children of active, retired, and deceased NATCA members.
- Two years of continuous good standing active union membership prior to submission of application.
- Enrollment into an accredited college or university.
- Awards will be based on a lottery system.
- Applicants must qualify for the lottery by submitting an application as well as an essay. The essay must follow the outlined question and contain no more than 500 words.
- The NATCA President and Executive Vice President will judge qualifications for the lottery.
- Please submit an essay of no more than 500 words.
- Please ensure that you send your essay with the completed application; essays sent separately will not be considered.
- In your essay, please describe your career goals and aspirations, and highlight the importance of the union and the labor movement to your family and/or yourself and why you are deserving of a union scholarship.
- Essays must be applicants’ own work.
Applications must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2018. Applicants wishing to receive confirmation of receipt should send a self-addressed stamped postcard along with the application.
Applications should be mailed to:
Attn: Scholarship Fund
1325 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20005
You can also email a PDF of your application and essay to email@example.com.
A notification letter will be sent to all applicants announcing their approval or denial of scholarship funds by April 30, 2018.
2016 NATCA SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
Congratulations to our 2016 NATCA Scholarship Program winners! Our President's Award winner ($2,000 scholarship) is Rebecca Kerr, daughter of Robert Kerr (Cleveland, Great Lakes Region). Below is the list of $1,000 scholarship winners:
Past Scholarship Winners