This Week’s News and Notes: Now’s A Great Time to Get A NATCA Email Account
Thursday, February 07, 2013
The Information Technology Committee has unveiled a newly designed, easier to use interface for NATCA members' email system, run by Rackspace. In addition, the amount of space on each email account was recently increased from 2GB to 25GB.
Check it out at http://webmail.natca.net.
The new home page offers easy ways to sign in, sign up, ask questions, retrieve a lost password and setup your account with a mobile device.
To request an email account, you can also click HERE.
NATCA offers two different e-mail accounts. You can have a personal e-mail account for yourself and you can have e-mail accounts for your family members.
Personal (member) e-mail accounts are first initial/last firstname.lastname@example.org. The family e-mail accounts have @natcafamily.net.
For questions or assistance, contact the IT Committee at email@example.com.
Seattle Center Member in Need of Leave Donations
Travis Beus and his wife, Rosalind, came to Seattle Center last July in a hardship transfer from Guam, when it was discovered that their unborn daughter, Annie, would need around the clock medical attention at a hospital after her birth. Annie was born Aug. 24 and had serious medical issues, undergoing several operations over the past five months.
This week, the sad news came that Annie passed away.
Travis was hired in 2006 and certified in Boise, then eventually transferred to Guam. Travis has exhausted all of his annual and sick leave over the past six months to care for Rosalind and Annie.
Please consider a leave donation for Travis and his family.
In addition, the family is now holding an online fundraiser for Annie's funeral. Please consider a donation HERE.
You can find our list of members in need of leave donations HERE. If you know of a member that needs to be added or removed from the list, please contact Doug Church at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NATCA Scholarship Program
The NATCA Scholarship Program is currently accepting applications for the 2013-2014 academic year. Applications must be postmarked no later than March 1.
- Spouses, children, stepchildren and legally adopted children of active, retired, or deceased NATCA members.
- Two years continuous good standing active union membership prior to submission of application.
- Enrollment into an accredited college or university.
- For an application, please click HERE.
- Applicants wishing to receive confirmation of receipt of their applications should send a self-addressed stamped postcard along with the application.
- Applications must be sent to NATCA, 1325 Massachusetts Ave. N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, Attn: Scholarship Fund.
- A notification letter will be sent to all applicants announcing their approval or denial of scholarship funds by April 30.
- Awards will be based on a lottery system.
- Applicants must qualify for the lottery by submitting an application as well as an essay. The essay must follow the outlined question and contain no more than 500 words.
- The National President and Executive Vice President will judge qualifications for the lottery.
- Please submit an essay of no more than 500 words.
- Please ensure that you send your essay with the completed application; essays sent separately will not be considered.
- In your essay, please describe your career goals and aspirations, and highlight the importance of the union and the labor movement to your family and/or yourself and why you are deserving of a union scholarship.
- Essays must be applicants’ own work.
NATCA Store: Merchandise Item of the Week - Golf Head Covers
Check out the NATCA Store (natcastore.com) for our featured item this week: black golf head covers with the NATCA logo which fit fairway metals and hybrid clubs. The cotton sock protects against abrasion, graphite shafts, dings, scratching and cracking by cushioning blows. It’s currently on clearance for just $7 for head covers. Putter covers cost $5.
Click here to see the item and order it. For assistance call 800.266.0895 or email email@example.com.
Reminder: NATCA apparel and headwear items take 3-4 weeks to process from date of order. These products come from the manufacturer to our embroiderer and finally to the NATCA Store. The orders are then shipped respectively to store customers based on shipping preference. If you have orders that need to be delivered by a certain date, please contact customer service and we will do our best to expedite your request. Note there is an expedited shipping charge for special orders.
NATCA Benefits: Cupid’s Union-Made Wine Recommendations
Members of the United Farm Workers (UFW), United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), and International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) suggest toasting your valentine with a union-crafted wine. Visit HERE for more about Union-made wines.